閱讀屋>情人節> 西方情人節來歷英文

西方情人節來歷英文

西方情人節來歷英文

There are varying opinions as to the origin of Valentine's Day. Some experts state that it originated from St.

Valentine, a Roman who was martyred for refusing to give up Christianity.

He died on February 14, 269 A.D., the same day that had been devoted to love lotteries.

關於情人節的起源有許多種說法。有關人士認為情人節是一個名叫桑特-瓦倫丁的人士發起的。

他是羅馬人,因為拒絕放棄基督教而於公元前269年2月14日慘遭殺害,這一天也正好是全城盛行彩票抽獎的日子。

Legend also says that St. Valentine left a farewell note for the jailer's daughter, who had become his friend, and signed it "From Your Valentine".

而另外一種說法更具有傳奇色彩,相傳桑特-瓦倫丁曾留下一本日記給了獄卒的女兒,署名為“你的情人”,據說這名獄卒的女兒就是桑特-瓦倫丁的情人。

Other aspects of the story say that Saint Valentine served as a priest at the temple during the reign of Emperor Claudius.

Claudius then had Valentine jailed for defying him. In 496 A.D. Pope Gelasius set aside February 14 to honour St. Valentine.

還有其它的說法也頗為有趣。比如說有人認為在克勞迪亞斯君王統治時期,桑特-瓦侖丁曾經是一名神父,因為公然挑戰克勞迪亞斯君王的權威身陷囹圄。

所以公元前496年羅馬教皇格萊西亞斯特意將2月14日作為一個特別的日子以紀念桑特-瓦倫丁。

Gradually, February 14 became the date for exchanging love messages and St. Valentine became the patron saint of lovers.

The date was marked by sending poems and simple gifts such as flowers. There was often a social gathering or a ball.

此後2月14日就成為了一個具有特殊意義的日子。在這天人們向自己心儀的人傳遞資訊以示愛意。

而理所當然的桑特 瓦侖丁也就成為了為戀愛中的男女們牽線搭橋的人。

在2月14日這天人們會特意做詩或者用一些小禮物送給自己心愛的人。而且人們還會組織各種各樣的聚會來慶祝這個特殊的節日。

In the United States, Miss Esther Howland is given credit for sending the first valentine cards.

Commercial valentines were introduced in the 1800's and now the date is very commercialised.

艾瑟-霍蘭德小姐是美國第一位因為傳送情人節卡片而受到榮譽獎勵的人。早在19世紀初情人節就已處露商業化的端倪。

而如今情人節已經完全被商業化了。 比如每當每年2月14日來臨的時候,一些城鎮如羅夫蘭、克羅拉多等,這裡的人們都要派送大量的為情人節特備的卡片。

The town of Loveland, Colorado, does a large post office business around February 14.

The spirit of good continues as valentines are sent out with sentimental verses and children exchange valentine cards at school.

而在這天人們往往吟歌做詩並且把這些寫入卡片中送個自己喜歡的人以表達自己的愛意。

而在學校裡孩子門也喜歡互增賀卡來度過這個特殊的節日。久而久之就形成了一種習俗並且延續至今天。

情人節甜言蜜語精選

1. I can be myself when I am with you.

和你在一起的時候我才是真正的自己。

2. You and me together, we can make magic.

我們兩個一起可以創造奇蹟。

3. Your love gives me the feeling that the best is still ahead.

你的`愛讓我相信我們的未來會更好。

4. Your undying faith is what keeps the flame out of love alive.

你永恆的信任讓我們的愛火永不熄滅。

5. Every time I look at you, my heart misses a beat.

每次看著你,我的心都會漏跳一拍。

6. You're the one who holds the key to my heart.

只有你,握著開啟我心門的鑰匙。

7. You always say what I need to hear.

你的話總是那麼悅耳動聽。

8. You have taught me the true meaning of love. Love is, what you mean to me - and you mean everything.

你教會了我愛的意義。愛就是你在我心中的分量——而你,就是一切。

9. You are my theme for a dream.

你是我夢的主旋律。

10. I have had the time of my life and I owe it all to you.

我生命中的美好時光全都歸功於你。

11. When I look into your eyes, I can see your heart.

當我看著你的眼睛,我能看到你的真心。

12. Your love for me is a natural anti-depressant.

你的愛對我來說就是天然的抗抑鬱劑。

13. I love that feeling of being secure when you wrap your arms around me.

我喜歡你雙臂環繞著我時那種踏實感。

14. You mean the world to me.

於我而言,你就是整個世界。

15. I like your small gestures that speak volumes about how much you care.

我喜歡你的那些小動作,它們告訴我你有多在乎我。


【西方情人節來歷英文】相關文章: